 Inventories / 81
Re: Build sets from "My Parts"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 17:06:10 GMT

An extra feature that adds and subtracts individual pieces from a
Peeron-member's database would be extremely useful.  I'm sure all of us have
either bought, sold, or simply lost a variety of pieces.  One major question
is where to store the information:  either on Peeron itself, or locally on
the user's machine.  For Peeron, I guess one way could be, in addition to
having just sets in the user's inventory, to allow individual parts to be
added to the inventory.  By the same token, individual parts should also be
allowed to have negative numbers.  But this increases the storage size of
every user's information on Peeron dramatically.  On the other hand, a text
file or cookie could be stored locally on the users' machine that contains
the individual part-change info.  Ultimately this is probably more
complicated because of, for instance, typos/formatting/etc. when users make
mistakes editing their file.  Either way, adding/subtracting individual
parts would be incredibly useful!

-WWWally

In lugnet.inv, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Kevin Salm wrote:

BUT, does it know about the thousands of other Lego parts I have
bought, traded, stole, and otherwise acquired?

I am afraid not.  But I can easily follow your wish (but you should
remember also to account for those you have lost, sold, etc.).

Note:  this message is highly sarcastic.  Please do not take it
       seriously....

I try not to, but I would like a feature in Lugnet and/or Peeron
that allows me to correct my piece database for known changes
(such as that I have bought a few thousand 1×2 bricks).

Jacob
--
Rowing boat (building instructions):
       http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Skibe/Rob%E5d/