 Inventories / 59
Re: Build sets from "My Parts"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 20:12:01 GMT

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 08:01:09PM +0000, Mark D. McKean wrote:
Because of the way Peeron indexes parts, the same physical part with a
different printed pattern is considered a completely different part. So
if you're missing a part with a particular printed pattern, "Build this
set" will tell you you don't have enough of it, even if you have
hundreds in the right color that are just missing the printed pattern.

Can you change the matching to ignore the "p..." extension on a part
number when trying to match substitutable parts?

Good idea.  I'll see if I can add that to the next revision of the code.

Thanks!

Dan