 Inventories / 64
Re: Build sets from "My Parts"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 02:51:36 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Dan Boger writes:
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 04:53:50PM +0000, Michael Cotsford wrote:
I just tried it. I saw my set list (on Peeron, not Lugnet) and picked one of
the sets I owned (8860). I then used "Try to build" and although it got most • of
the parts, There were several that were yellow and a few red.

Quite possible - it ignores the copies of the set you're trying to
build. Since if you own an ISD (10030), and try to build one from your
parts, it's already known you have the parts for it.  So Peeron is
checking if you have the parts to build _another_ one, in addition to
the one copy you own.

Does that make sense?

Perfect sense to me.

BUT, does it know about the thousands of other Lego parts I have bought,
traded, stole, and otherwise acquired??  If not, please come to my home to
count and inventory everything.

Thanks.

____

Note:  this message is highly sarcastic.  Please do not take it seriously....