 Inventories / 74
Re: Build sets from "My Parts"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2003 14:00:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.inv, Dan Boger writes:
On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 04:55:26AM +0000, Todd Lehman wrote:
The central idea is this:  Since Peeron competes with LUGNET in various
ways...

It does?  I never though of Peeron and LUGNET as competitors.  I always
had the view that we compliment each other very nicely.  How, in your
opinion, is Peeron competing with LUGNET?

I'm extremely disappointed that the online LEGO community can't "get along"
better than this.

I used to be very active in the L-Draw community years ago (pre-Lugnet on
the L-Cad mailing list), but my family has grown since then and I have not
had the time to implement very many of the ideas I had for L-Draw compatible
programs.  However, during this time, many others (obviously with more free
time) have stepped up to the plate and implemented programs that fulfil many
of my visions.

The important thing to note is that I am not at all upset by this.  I'm
actually glad.  I personally don't care who implemented these things, since
they're now freely available to the L-Draw community.

I would hope that egos don't get in the way of online LEGO community
progress.  While Lego.com, Lugnet, Peeron, Ldraw.org, and countless other
sites are all part of this online community, no one site (even Lego.com) can
claim to represnt all of the online LEGO community.