 Inventories / 67
Re: Build sets from "My Parts"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 06:07:38 GMT

Take a look, and as always, comments and suggestions are welcome!

Wow!

This time I became a member on Peeron and wow! Was that like being frozen and
awaked 1,000 years later!?!

But why did you have to sum up the MSRP? :)

The download of the set list from Lugnet worked like a charm, and like others I
tried to build a set I already own, very neato handling of that "faulty"
request!

This will help when I find the time to sit down and build trough the Technic
instructions on Brickshelf!

I'm surprised how fast it is!

Some suggestions that would be even cooler:

List which sets that can be built from the parts I own, ignoring the sets I
already own, in two levels: Correct with all parts/colors = green status, and
correct with all parts/wrong colors = orange status. Preferably ignoring sets
Brickshelf don't have instructions for, that info should be availible on Lugnet
if it's not already in the Peeron database. To make the list and computing
effort lower perhaps this could be broken down into several subthemes, such as
town, technic etc..

After a "Try to build", it would be neat if Peeron could produce a "Shopping
list" for Bricklink etc.. Especially since Peeron has links to stores, perhaps
it could even point out the store (which is connected to Peeron) that has most
of the parts or all of them.

When and if you find the time and inspiration to add more features, of course!
Remember it's a hobby, not a job! And boy am I glad you two have this as a
hobby!

Can't write more now, I have to go and see how little of the ISD I actually
*can* build :)

And I hope this don't put splinters between you Lugnet/Peeron admin folks!

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)