 Instructions / 495
494  |  496
Subject:
Defining the "term" BI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 16:45:13 GMT

I think that we need 3 words for BIs.

1. Building Instructions (BI):

Any form of communcition that can allow anyone to build a LEGO set. Can include, but is not limited to, images showing step-by-step, images showing the model in various stages, written instructions, video, live demo, finshed model, etc..

(Ex. See term 2 & 3)

2. Building Instruction Images (BII): Images, either real or electronic form, that show a series of steps on how to build a LEGO set. Usually the images are numbered or given a numerical increamental filename so that a users can put them in chronological order. (Ex. The output created by LPub)

3. Basic Building Instructions (BBI): A series of images placed within a defined set of boundries have a uniform look. The defined boundries usually provide a visual framework to enclose the BIIs.

(Ex. LEGO BIs provided in LEGO sets)

Comments? Feedback? I am defining some terms because I am in the process of writing several BI atricles dealing with the following topics: BI Theory BBI layouts BBI for the web

In the process of getting my notes together I have noticed that the term BI is to broad and needed to form additional terms to cover/narrow down what I will be talking about.

Term 3 BBIs can be further broken down but for now I think I will just leave it as is?

-AHui

A&M LWorks