 Instructions / *581 (-20)
  Re: Disclaimer

Steven lane wrote in message ... <snip disclaimer details> That all seems overly draconian to me (and I've been selling instructions for some years). The way I look at it, as long as someone is not making money off my instructions (copying and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) If the instructions are sold containing an error, then I agree that the author isn't accountable for buyers who purchase additional bricks from a separate source, but if the author is also selling the bricks to make the set, then the author is (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) > (...) If you are selling instructions you should make _certain_ that they are correct. If you are giving instructions away for fun, then do you really need this kind of protection? (...) Wow, what a great, litigious world that we live in, (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) . . . (...) That's never going to work in the real world. It doesn't work for books, music, or videos, and it won't work for building instructions either. You need to come up with a way to make your product more desirable than a borrowed copy. (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Disclaimer

I will soon be adding some instructions to the Brick Instruction Portal that I will be offering for sale. It occurred to me that I'd need a suitable disclaimer. I checked on Bip and found their wasn't one so I thought if I post on Lugnet I can get a (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I second Lar, this is a great idea, Kevin. I'm excited that the topic of Building Instructions has gained popularity over the last year or so, with the release of LPub, launch of BIPortal, etc. This contest could serve to further promote the (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I got the point, but I'm not completely convinced. Anyhow, I really only suggested the LDRotM contest because I'm afraid the model sellers might be influential enough to eliminate even the *option* of publishing the LDR files in the MotM (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree. I also percieve this as a great catalyst for invention of new techniques and styles. (...) Raising the bar is a good thing. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) irrelevent. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Actually Don, I agree with all those points and am in favor of authors having the option to post their DAT/LDR/MPD files along with the images. My point is that within the scope of a completed model, having a contest on how the model is (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Ouch! That hurts. Did you bump your head or something? (...) I think you're missing the point. With an LDR file I can move the arms and legs of a Mech to see what it looks like in different poses. I can spin the gears of a robot even if I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I think you really are on to something now... The various instruction creator/authors all have their own styles, although some authors are similar in some areas to some other authors, you still can often tell who did which instructions if (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  MOC: Frog

Hi all, New MOC for my site after a while. It's a quick Christmas present I made for a friend. Link below. (URL) Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks. Instructions available, too. (2 URLs) (Bruce) (URL) LEGO @ Bruce's Homepage> (20 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.inst, FTX) !

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) Boy, that would be *very* hard to have happen automatically. Automatic placement of the color labels would be problematic at best. It is *much* easier to put the color labels in the part list image. The label is some location relative to the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) LPub's approach is a great one (and one that I use as well in the parts lists that I include in my instructions) but it doesn't do what Ahui is asking, precisely, that is, it doesn't provide "callouts with a letter for the color". I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) This is an old issue. All the building instruction books that Syngress has published are black and white. LPub supports this by indicating color in the part list images. (...) LPub. (...) I have a bit of experience here as well. Kevin (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) I print in B&W and also in color, but charge extra for color. I tend to make my models in only a few colors (no more than 3-4 main colors at most) so the various grays are distinguishable, especially since I use subassemblies, and I describe (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HqqMC2.21u4@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) output (...) kinkos (...) color (...) and (...) printing out (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Going to Kinko's to have them printed will cost a (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints

(...) I am not aware of any current application that will do callouts with a letter for the color. I think you are the first person I read/see/hear that has brought this issue up. =0 Does anyone have an application in the works that can do the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  It's Christmas time at the BIP

(URL) It's Christmas time at the BIP! I've pulled together just a few of the great Christmas/Holiday related creations and building instructions I've found out on the net. Check it out! (URL) Christmas> If you have more Christmas/Holiday related (...) (21 years ago, 20-Dec-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact