 Harry Potter / 60
Re: minifigures in robes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 00:40:39 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Richard Noeckel writes:
In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:
I wouldn't hold your breath for traditional minifigs for Harry Potter. The
demographic is younger folks. Take a look at Max in the new Creator line:
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=4173

With that tousled hair, just print some glasses on the face and you have
everyones favorite Hogwarts student. I'm buying a set to see the new size
figures, and I'll do a Harry custom to get the MOC juices flowing. I'll post
to Brickshelf when I've got it.

In lugnet.harrypotter, Bryan Beckwith writes:
I just hope they use minifigs.  With all the new larger figures coming out
now, I am really hoping they don't use them just to help reach a younger
audience.

Bryan Beckwith

"jonathan Lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com> wrote in message
I have been wondering whether they are going to make robed minifigures • like
harry and friends at school or Dumbledore. With some I can see them • getting
away with a cape but otherwise it seems hard to avoid. And would they do • it
like the castle matrons? An ugly solution in my opinion.

I can see lego making a broomstick with a pinched middle allowing a
minifigure to straddle it and a robe would ruin this.

Any ideas on how they could do it?

Jonathan

I do believe that it was already 'confirmed' that Harry Potter will be in
Minifig scale!
                  -R

I've been toying (no pun) with the images at LEGO to try to get the scale of
the new figs. The seem to be the same 4 brick/1 plate height as the
traditional figs, just with more detail (2 stud feet, sculpted ball socket
heads, etc.). Dryden himself said "...i saw so many new items it was all
such a blur...".  In this purely rumor filled time, my money is on the new
Creator/Jack Stone style figures for Harry and friends. But then
again...we'll all see in a few months!