 Harry Potter / 68
Re: minifigures in robes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 15:58:14 GMT

OOOHHHHHHH... " 'confirmed' "! Sorry, I didn't know that 'confirmed' meant
gospel truth...truly, very sorry about that.

I took a couple of minutes to trace the posts I believe you are referring
to. Excerpts include:

"Fortunately, someone posted a rumour here a while back stating that the
sets
would definitely be minifig-scale... I think it was copied over here from
1000steine, the German website, and was supposedly leaked from a friend in
LEGO at some stage.  By now, certainly, there should be plenty of people
inside
the LEGO corporate structure privy to that most basic piece of information,
so
I feel confident in believing it."

"Anyhow the report was that the Potter sets will use minifigures, but that
Hagrid will be larger somehow. I have no idea how they are going to do
that.This makes sense to me as the System piece range, typical size and
price ranges seem to mesh with the core Potter audience of 7-12 years.
Creator sets and figures are aimed at a lower age range. I am hoping that
someone will get a glimpse of the Potter sets from either the Nernberg or
New York toy fairs though. C'mon, surely someone is getting in!"

But the kicker is...the original post you speak of!
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=26426

I wonder how you say confirmed in German?

I'm not saying that I WANT the Potter sets in Creator style, I'm just
speculating what LEGO has behind their black curtains at the Toy Fair
exhibits.

So, your sanity is intact...but, if you're halucinating rabid, biting
monkeys, those bricks are for building, not smoking!