 Harry Potter / 44
Re: minifigures in robes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:12:44 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Jonathan Lill writes:
I have been wondering whether they are going to make robed minifigures like
harry and friends at school or Dumbledore. With some I can see them getting
away with a cape but otherwise it seems hard to avoid. And would they do it
like the castle matrons? An ugly solution in my opinion.

I can see lego making a broomstick with a pinched middle allowing a
minifigure to straddle it and a robe would ruin this.

Any ideas on how they could do it?

Jonathan

I was thinking of this earlier, and thought of something which might work.
It seems like Lego could make a robe out of the 'cape/sail cloth' the same
way Kenner made capes for Obi-Wan, the Sandpeople, Darth Vader, etc. out of
vinyl back in the late 1970s for Star Wars action figures.  Essentially,
it's taking a flat piece of material, cutting arm holes in it, and putting
it on the figure with the portion nearest the neck folded back.  The regular
minifig arms would be the same color as the robe (since they'd stick through
it), while the torso would be whatever they wore under the robe.  Anyone
that's had a vintage Star Wars action figure should know what I'm talking
about.  You could then just put a slit down the back middle portion so the
fig can either sit or ride a broom.  A reasonable solution for a difficult
problem.  Much better than plain old capes.

Kevin