 Harry Potter / 59
Re: minifigures in robes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 23:49:25 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Matthew Gerber writes:
I wouldn't hold your breath for traditional minifigs for Harry Potter. The
demographic is younger folks. Take a look at Max in the new Creator line:
http://shop.lego.com/ProductInfo.asp?product_number=4173

With that tousled hair, just print some glasses on the face and you have
everyones favorite Hogwarts student. I'm buying a set to see the new size
figures, and I'll do a Harry custom to get the MOC juices flowing. I'll post
to Brickshelf when I've got it.

In lugnet.harrypotter, Bryan Beckwith writes:
I just hope they use minifigs.  With all the new larger figures coming out
now, I am really hoping they don't use them just to help reach a younger
audience.

Bryan Beckwith

"jonathan Lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com> wrote in message
I have been wondering whether they are going to make robed minifigures • like
harry and friends at school or Dumbledore. With some I can see them • getting
away with a cape but otherwise it seems hard to avoid. And would they do • it
like the castle matrons? An ugly solution in my opinion.

I can see lego making a broomstick with a pinched middle allowing a
minifigure to straddle it and a robe would ruin this.

Any ideas on how they could do it?

Jonathan

I do believe that it was already 'confirmed' that Harry Potter will be in
Minifig scale!
                   -R