 General / 8780
  Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

I have finally received the "priviledge" of ordering bulk from Lego USA. I know that to all Lego fans in the US, this is THE Holy Grail. Well, as far as grails go, it is the cup of a carpenter and not laden with jewels. I had spoken with several (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

In lugnet.general, Mike Poindexter writes: <Snipped bulk ordering experience> Oh man, what a letdown. (...) Here's hoping! James (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

(...) [...] (...) No plates at all - did you point out this significant changing of the rules? (...) Did you point this out to them? (...) Thanks for the effort of finding the right people to talk to. -gbr (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

(...) I urge you to provide this person's name to Gary Istok, so that he can send his bulk ordering letter to the proper person. Also, I don't understand why a a deluge of requests to the Lego employee is a bad thing. What better way to demonstrate (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

[snipped] (...) No point in really pointing out the lack of plates being available. Really, I wasn't looking for red and blue plates. Apart from yellow, all the other colors are available through S@H already. At that point, we are not really talking (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

(...) I suppose I can give the person's name to Gary Istok for his letter, but I would probably want to ask permission before I make them the target of bulk email/snail mail/fax asking for xyz, since the channels for that are already supposed to be (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

Mike, thanks for the spadework on this and thanks for posting everything you learned. Yet another disheartening disappointment. But clearly you have given this a lot of effort and I imagine I speak for a lot of us when I say thanks... (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

Why don't we just order our own "LUGNET" promotional set? I wonder what the minimum is for that sort of thing... :) -- Asher (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

(...) I actually already tried that. They do not allow the company to design the set, which really makes it difficult to tell them to put in train windows, paradisa canopies, dark gray and orange bricks, pirate and ice babes or whatever other good (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

I can see the ads on eBay already "Not available thru S@H !" :) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

Tony Kilaras <kilaras@speedus.com> wrote in article <FJz31C.JAo@lugnet.com>... (...) down (...) divulge (...) never (...) send (...) why a (...) to (...) I think rather than just turn this person's name over to someone else (which I myself would (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

Snip. (...) It really isn't all that hard to -make- a mold that will work. We need someone with access to a EDM machine (I don't have access to one) and a CAD file with the dimensions of the object you want to copy. Getting the molding done is also (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

Allan Bedford wrote: " Maybe the bulk order rules aren't the best right now, but maybe they could be someday." Hey Allan, That's exactly what I thought when I placed my bulk order that was rejected ....... BACK IN 1987 !!!!!!! (and then I went on a (...) (25 years ago, 22-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in article <38107D0C.7B4F3F0C@u...ch.edu>... (...) could be (...) that was (...) See now, if I were TLG, I would be very concerned to hear comments like that. My question would be, "Why are people even (...) (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

Not to be argumentative but, I think it is a little more difficult than you are stating. I think someone had already mentioned, the plastic is quite warm, (hot even) when it comes out of the mold. Thermal expansion may (I'm no engineer) be a factor (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!

(...) I would say pretty trivial. All one would have to do is carry a high end digital caliper with them next time they go to Legoland Carlsbad. There is an old mold on display. From the readings on that mold, you should be able to arrive at a mold (...) (25 years ago, 25-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)