 General / 8799
Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:09:32 GMT

Snip.

This is a classic example of a company that doesn't need to worry about their
customers.  I see everybody here (almost everybody) talk about not wanting to
use Megablocks (yes, they do suck) or other clone bricks (Tyco was equal
quality to Lego, or at least close enough - many people don't realize unless
they look at the studs).  If they have no fear of people switching, then why
cater to them.  You could be one of 50 suppliers and still be a monopoly
because people put themselves in a situation where they won't buy anything
else.

If you want Lego to make better sets and listen to their customers, then stop
buying from them and buy from those who will.  When their customers start
leaving, they will listen.  Until then, it will be business as usual.
does anybody know what happened to Tyco's molds and ABS brick machine?  I
wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.  (Mmmm, train windows...)

It really isn't all that hard to -make- a mold that will work.  We need someone
with access to a EDM machine (I don't have access to one) and a CAD file with
the dimensions of the object you want to copy.  Getting the molding done is
also possible.  Someone want to look into it?  The biggest problem that I can
see is that the parts might be copyrighted.  They cannot be patented (since all
you are copying is the stud design, and that is now fair game) When did the
train windows first appear?

James Powell