 General / 8782
Re: Bulk Ordering Allowed in USA!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:37:40 GMT

IT ISN'T WORTH IT!!!

I was told that no specialized pieces were available.  Only basic bricks and
plates were available. • [...]
available.  At all.  Bulk ordering would only be possible for bricks that are
available in a freestyle bulk brick tub.  Only available in the primary
colors. (Not even green!)  At 6 cents per piece.

No plates at all - did you point out this significant changing
of the rules?

So here I am, one of the only people that could buy bulk from Lego and I would
rather go shopping at Toys R Us.

Did you point this out to them?

They mentioned that they might do this through Shop at Home.  I said that I
would rather see them offer 400 piece or larger buckets of colors that you
can't get elsewhere.  Light blue, clear, brown, tan, etc.  I told them that
once they wer posted on the Internet, they would sell like hot cakes.  I
informed them of Busy Bee selling 300 hopper cars in 2 days after a newsgroup
posting.  I told them that we are out here, all looking for what I am asking
for - bricks and plates in bulk in colors that are next to impossible to
find.  Perhaps, if we are lucky, the message might have finally reached the
right place.  Maybe, just maybe, we will soon be able to buy light gray
plates, buckets of tan or light blue elements, packs of clear bricks, etc.

Thanks for the effort of finding the right people to talk to.

-gbr