 General / 8606
Re: Lego.com - new look
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:29:12 GMT

James Brown wrote:
Well, it looks like the website got a facelift.  I haven't poked around >much, cause I'm way tired (and should have been in bed hours ago), but hey, >I'm obsessive.

So am I, obviously <g>. I poked around a bit. It's shockwave-heavy
(probably why some people couldn't see the little dancing minifig
advertising the change?) and it's pretty slow over my modem.

There's a button marked "shop" at the top, but it just leads to
legoworldshop.com and you can still only buy Mindstorms and Cybermaster
there.

Seems to be a new Technic set - 8450 - called "Mission" or something
similar, builds a stealth-looking plane, and links with Cybermaster. One
of the alternative models is a vehicle to carry bombs. That's what it
says right there. Non-violent, Lego??

The "Lego Finder" lets you pick your age (only runs up to 16 though) and
shows themes suitable for that age.

There's a poll as to how you like the new look. CHoices are "Awesome,
give me more", "better than it was", and "About the same as it was". No
choice for worse <g>.

Kevin