 Off-Topic / Geek / 641
Re: Lowest Common Denominator (was: Re: Lego.com - new look)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 19:44:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Todd Lehman writes:
[...]
For a site like Yahoo!, it certainly does make sense to welcome and
accommodate even the most infrequent ingredients rather than locking out all
but the most frequent or popular or common ingredient.

Whoops, I didn't mean welcoming and accommodating the most infrequent
ingredients per se -- glittery things like Shockwave or RealAudio, for
example.  I meant welcoming and accommodating browsers which happen to
support special or infrequent ingredients like Shockwave or RealAudio,
but not actually using those infrequent ingredients.

In the case of the
new TLG website, it looks like they locked out all but the most infrequent
ingredients (JavaScript and Shockwave, both of which turn many people off,
but which, as I understand it, are virtually required to properly use the
new site).

Oh, this is getting too confusing.

--Todd