 General / 8646
Re: Lego.com - new look
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 19:46:09 GMT

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 05:29:27PM +0000, Allan Bedford wrote:
It loads super fast for me.  Of course once it's loaded all that's there is
a blank screen that fades from light blue at the bottom to dark blue at the
top.  Looks like the background screen you get during software installs.
No buttons, no banners, no links, no nothing.  Completely useless.  If it
weren't for the name in the title bar I wouldn't even be able to tell you
that I was at the LEGO homepage.  If any of their web designers are
listening... please return your site to some useable format for those of us
who just want to surf the web and don't want the fancy schmancy stuff.
Thanks!

I am very dissapointed with this site.  Your problem is just one of them;
you don't have java/javascript enabled in your browser.  Of course, if you
have WebTV, it doesn't *have* java.

It makes *no* allowance for people with disabilities, it requires lots of
bandwidth, it requires the annoying flash plugin (which I don't want to
use!).

Basically, it's saying *screw you* to every child and adult that doesn't
have the latest copy of WindowsXX with all the patches and isn't
handicapped in someway!

What a load of crap.  I am *sorely* disappointed in this move.

Ciao!

--
Any given program, when running, is obsolete.

The Doctor What: A Holtje Production             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC