 General / 7179
Re: The LEGO history - Interesting book found at the library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 02:18:36 GMT

Here's the librarian piping up again: what exactly are you looking for?  A
keyword search through Digital Dissertations gives 34 theses/dissertations that
use the word Lego.  If we move it to Lego or Legos, we get 39.  Most of these
seem to be discussing the toy as a tool to achieve some other aim, rather than
a discussion of Lego itself (although I didn't have time to scan all of the
abstracts this morning.)

If you *really are* interested in this idea, hit up your local library's
reference desk.  They'll be glad to help you find whatever information they
can.

Have fun researching -- and don't forget to share the information with us!

Beth Reiten

Jesse Long wrote:

(snipped)

Has anyone ever done a Ph.D. thesis on Lego?  I'm kind of toying with the
idea.  Pop culture or something, but I could probably spin it sociology.  I
don't know if I'm ready to find out just how much I don't know about Lego.

Jesse