 General / 6762
Re: The LEGO history - Interesting book found at the library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:43:14 GMT

1973 - Legoland Sierksdorf, Germany opens, but closes again 1976 (did not pay
the proper respect to The Trademark, The Product and The Kids)

I never heard of this before. So, in what ways was it 'bad'? (And, since
Legoland would have to be a LG project, how could it be? If the
subset of people that set it up did such a bad job, why was it not
improved?)
Sierksdorf is close enough to Hohenwestedt (close to Denmark, too)
to be under close view of Lego Germany (which, I see, recently
moved to Munich. Why?)
But hey, Sierksdorf still has a Banana Museum.

1981 - LEGO buys the rights to the Kiddicraft brick.

There are some nice pages with pictures of 'imitators' of LEGO, some of them
are even using the pictures from the original LEGO boxes! (What do you think
of the name '0937' for a clone?)

I guess Kiddicraft is not shown on those pages? :)

(Book ISBN 91-972715-8-6)

What are the chances of this being available in other languages/countries..?

-gbr