 General / 6319
Re: New Shell Promotional Sets Online
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 07:57:52 GMT

uh, how do you know that it's an internal-only publication (other than
assuming, like I did)?

KL

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Sanjay D'Souza <Sds87@hotmail.com> writes:

Scans of the Shell Promotion article that featured in LEGO REVIEW - July 1999
are now available at the direct link http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds

The article covers the following issues amongst others.

- The lack of penetration in the US market.
- The 1998 football sets.
- The importance of the Dutch market.
- Disappointing test sales.
- Future expectations.
- New products for autumn 1999.

Sanjay,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't LEGO REVIEW an *internal* publication?
Printed by TLG for TLG eyes only?  If so, I wonder how comfortable TLG is
about a fan on the net disclosing private/internal TLG documents?

(Not that I don't find it interesting, but I worry that it makes us as a
group of fans online look more rogue to TLG than we really are.  Maybe the
info is old and they don't mind, or maybe you got permission from someone at
TLG, I dunno.  Just something to think about.  If you did get permission, it
might be a good idea to state that!  :-)

--Todd