 General / 6318
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 07:47:03 GMT

That's pretty cool.  Can someone find out how much it would cost to
order
about 200 1x4x6 trans-lt-blue windows w/black 2-bar frames? (you know,
the townJr. type).

KL

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> writes:

NZ wasn't the only country that offered sale of bulk bricks until recently.
The service was always available in Australia. I made use of it occasionally
but my problem was that the parts I wanted bulk amounts of, Lego Denmark
didn't make anymore, eg. classic windows and doors and train windows and
doors in specific colours.

Most lego maniacs in Australia aren't on the internet or just lurk. We have
never needed a network to obtain parts, we just rang lego and ordered them,
whether it be one part or 100,000 of a part.  [...]

Wow, that's actually encouraging, in a weird sort of way...  It makes me
wonder how many other countries around the world have something like this.

Any idea how this managed not to come up during the course of the 100+
message thread about bulk dynamics back in February when Jeroen Ottens
posted here?

   http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=2515

Is...there hidden truth in the word "secrets revealed" in the initial
subject line of this thread?

--Todd