 General / 6109
Re: Shell Promotional Sets - Autumn 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 17:26:27 GMT

It is intersting to note that Shell and TLG have had a promotional
"relationship" since 1966, when Shell superceded Esso as the "gas station of
choice" for Lego Town system.  That year set #325 (one of my all time favorite
sets!) Shell Station came onto the scene.  Check it out on the Lugnet database!

Gary Istok

Sanjay D'Souza wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned previously, and apologies if it has
but flipping through "LEGO REVIEW - July 1999" (1) I read that TLG are
releasing two new Shell promotional sets in Europe during autumn.

These will be in addition to the 10 mini sets and Shell Ferrari that have
appeared before.  Both are LEGO Town themed sets and the good thing is that
THEY AREN'T TOWN JR!!!

1)  Set one is a mini self serve Shell station.  Sure, it incorporates a
number of pieces that could be considered Town Jr but overall it's a great
little set.  It comes with a nifty looking Shell Tanker and 3 wheeled bike.

2) Set two is a Shell car wash with what appears to be a Town classic car.

Both sets combined would make a great second petrol station in any town.
The pic's are in black and white and I'll endeavour to get them scanned
tonight.

Sanjay

(1)  LEGO REVIEW is an in house TLG magazine that features stories about
TLG's operations, promotions around the world and upcoming products.
--
LEGO Stadium @ Http://Homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds