 General / 6110
Re: Question about McDonalds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 17:32:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:

And the movie becomes the biggest box office hit of all time, making Disney
cash rich and thus making TLG an offer to buy the company that they can't
refuse. Disney places mouse ears on every stud, but that's okay because the
money-grubbing Mouse offers bricks in bulk.  And Michael Eisner makes Larry
President of Operations-Walto Building Bricks.  And first thing Lar does as
Prez is release a brand new 8 wide train line{:-D

Man, I'm in a weird mood:-(  <signing offf>

Considering that Disney has licensed TLG to use the Pooh characters, this is
NOT as far-fetched as you might think, John.

When I was getting my MBA back in the 80's, one of our M&A case studies was to
"deal with" Disney, which was in a slump after the Paris disaster and a series
of bad movies. One of the "bidders" was ABC - who would have thought that 8
years later, Disney would be buying them?

So buying TLG could happen.

Paul Sinasohn
M - I - C, T - L - G -- bricks for you and me......