 General / 5750
Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:56:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Gary Istok wrote:

recent variety.  It looks like the circular pip type plates have a new
variety, namely the cylinder is now hollow, as opposed to "filled in".  I'm
not sure how recently this happened, but I checked the contents of one of
the RoboForce sets (2152), and the 3 1x2 yellow plates all had the circular
pip as hollow.  Hmmmm, interesting.

I typically use those to help in sorting...the plates have had the
filled-in pips and the tiles have had the hollow pips.  But I think I've
noticed plates like that too, now that you mention it.

Tiles have both varieties, and have had them for a while.  1x10 plates also
have both varieties, but I'm not sure about other plates.

Jeff