 General / 5702
Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 05:02:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bill Katz writes:
Gary,
Only one small thing I'd like to add.  The early Samsonite 1x2 plates
(and I think, but would have to check that i have models with 2x2 cellulose
acetate plates and 1x2 ABS plates) had a small rectangular pip on the
bottomisde, between where the studs fit, instead of teh more common circular
pip we see today.

Yes. I remember seeing one of those once and thinking it very odd/old. A white
one if I'm not mistaken.

I'm in the ongoing process of separating my older looking bricks from newer
ones as I come across them, so I can use older ones specifically when I want
them. The older ones, even the 2x4's, say "pat pend." on them.

-Tom McD.
when replying, Spam Trek Deep Space Five is sponsored by Spamcake: where do
you want to go today?