 General / 5571
Re: The History of LEGO Plates - Part 1.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:36:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

2) small plates were used for the first time in a set - the unique
continental European Architectural Sets.

I don't know much about the really early days of Lego, so forgive me if this is
an ignorant question, but:  Are these what they sound like?  Architectural sets
with ideas for generic continental European architecture?  I had independantly
come to the conclusion a while ago that Lego should make Town/Model Team
crossover sets with examples of architecture from different regions- a Venetian
house, a Paris street, an Amsterdam street, etc- this just made me wonder if
this was something they had done before.

Are there any scanned catalogues with pictures of these sets?

eric