 General / 55772
55771  |  55773
Subject:
Mathematical proof that you can't build anything with LEGO bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2012 20:23:41 GMT

Dr. Mark Changizi claims that LEGO sets have reached a point where most of the pieces no longer fit other pieces. Sound crazy? Wait - there’s math...

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jan-feb/02-how-did-lego-lose-its-mojo

I’ve actually had an open conversation with Dr. Changizi about this article and the original paper on which he bases his conclusions. He has made some claims that are not supported by his research or by common observation, and his method of classifying LEGO piece types is suspect.

Wondering what others think of this article.

Here’s a link to the original research paper: http://www.changizi.com/org.pdf