 General / 46544
46543  |  46545
Subject:
So why all the whining about the color changes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:19:40 GMT

I started a poll with the basic question:

“How long before the Lego company beats a shame-faced strategic retreat and returns the old grays and browns permanently to production?”

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=173

So far, over half have answered “Never”.

If you believe that (and I’m not saying that you guys are wrong) then why all the whining? I’m not going to call it “voicing your opinion” or “expressing your concern”, it’s whining. If you don’t believe Lego will act on the complaints at any time, then there isn’t a lot of point in voicing complaint. It would seem to me to be best to either shup up and move on, or continue to express your displeasure in the belief that at some point Lego will get a clue.

Personally, I don’t have a huge problem with the color changes beyond one really important one: it’s incompatible with the stock of bricks I have. One complaint, but it has huge repurcussions. I simply find it amazing that The Powers That Be at Lego never even considered it.

It isn’t the end of the world as some would make out, but it is something that I believe is correctable.

-->Bruce<--