 General / 46550
Re: So why all the whining about the color changes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:57:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote: clip

If you believe that (and I’m not saying that you guys are wrong) then why all the whining? I’m not going to call it “voicing your opinion” or “expressing your concern”, it’s whining. If you don’t believe Lego will act on the complaints at any time, then there isn’t a lot of point in voicing complaint. • clip

-->Bruce<--

There is too a point. The ‘whining’ might not settle this issue, but it may dissuade the powers that be from making haphazard changes in the future. The other option is to sit silently & wait for the next change to come along, then sit silently through that one, etc. until LEGO is indistinguishable from their own clones.

Personally, I give my construction brick money exclusively to one company - at much higher prices than their competitors offerings. I would like to think that my loyalty entitles me to be vocally displeased when the brand I am loyal to makes changes that negatively affect my enjoyment of their product. Moreso when the changes seem arbitrary at best, and moreso still when the changes indicate that the product I love is becoming more and more like their cheaper competitors.