 General / 38295
Re: NBA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:57:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jude Beaudin writes:
Any news on the NBA licensed sets?

Jude

There's an announcment at fbtb.net:
"Between Sept. 27-29 help them build a giant basketball for the Grand
Opening of the Basketball Hall of Fame and the launch of the new LEGO NBA
license in Springfield, Massachusetts!"

However, when someone asked in the "ask Lego" forum whether we would see the
sets, Jake McKee said "Nope. Just means that there will be a HUGE basketball
and some awesome model builders!
Oh, and I will probably be there too!"

It seems odd to mee that they will have a big thing to announce the launch
of the new product line but then not actually have the new product line to
show off, even if it won't be available immediately, but that is how I
interpret Jake's comment.

Bruce