 General / 36789
Re: Stealing Brickshelf MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 05:25:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.general, Tim Tosino writes:
Recently two of the Vancouver Lego Club members have had images of their
MOC's taken from their own galleries, and uploaded with no credit to
someone's personal gallery. Why specifically two members of the VLC have
been selected I don't know. As a third party watching the reaction from my
fellow local AFOL's, I know I would be upset if someone took a whole gallery
of mine and uploaded it to their personal collection on brickshelf. I won't
name the parties involved, but if you look in the brickshelf recent galery
it's pretty obvious.

Well, a couple thoughts here; first, there may be a completely innocent
reason; the most obvious one I can think of is ignorance.  I've found that
at least half the time something like this gets done; especially on the net,
the "offender" isn't aware they are doing anything wrong.

Secondly; please be specific.  Brickshelf gets enough new content routinely
that looking in the recent gallery will be fairly uninformative by tomorrow
morning.

$0.02

James

Someone else seems to have had a problem with this whole situation too. The
gallery in question is no where to be found and the accusational images the
2 VLC people posted ( rightly so imho )are erased as well. I agree that it
was a misunderstanding about ownership and this was someone's collection of
images they like, not so much they were claiming authorship. * hides his
teragigs of downloaded lego piccies *
Free Napster!!
Joseph