 General / 36792
Re: Stealing Brickshelf MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 06:14:53 GMT

Also in order to prevent this from having it's always a good idea to put
your name/callname/alias/logo, date, and copyright on your images before
uploading to ANY internet site or even your own personnel website.  It's
very simple to add text to an image and it helps this situtation.  You
wouldn't display your work of art in public WITHOUT SIGNING IT!  The
internet SHOULD NOT be any different. Take pride in your work and sign it.
-AHui

Interesting topic to have come up tonight.  I have thought about this also.

I agree.  Some form of watermark should be placed onto each image.  There is no
doubt that anyone with a 286 and a paint program and manipulate a persons work.
But make them actually have to work hard to steal a persons
model/work/art/etc/etc/etc.

Back to why I thought this was an interesting topic, is that I started playing
around tonight (even before reading this) on how to put a very clean logo on a
tile.  And maybe not just logos, but custom graphics, etc via the use of some
form of label.

This is a very rough sample of what I am kind of shooting for.  As it stands,
the logo is on crooked, smudged ( I was in alpha testing and didnt want to wait
for it to dry) and not even cut out properly.  I was shooting for content
rather then high quality right now. (I am NOT HAPPY with Avery "Clear" labels!
More like smoked colored scotch tape.  Looks great on white tiles, but the
rest like @$#@ )

But maybe this might give you an idea of something to do.  This is from a model
of mine that I have yet to post on my web site.  I thought doing something like
this would be an excellent touch for me and my sites theme.

http://members.cox.net/viffer/tmp_images/vmlogo.jpg

Not only that, really mark ownership of a model so someday when (if?) I make
that great model, it would be harder then hell to manipulate it without ruining
the quality of the image, or putting a noticable defect in it.

Just my $0.02.

Brad M.
Viffer Militech
http://members.cox.net/viffer