 General / 36788
Re: Stealing Brickshelf MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 05:04:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tim Tosino writes:
Recently two of the Vancouver Lego Club members have had images of their
MOC's taken from their own galleries, and uploaded with no credit to
someone's personal gallery. Why specifically two members of the VLC have
been selected I don't know. As a third party watching the reaction from my
fellow local AFOL's, I know I would be upset if someone took a whole gallery
of mine and uploaded it to their personal collection on brickshelf. I won't
name the parties involved, but if you look in the brickshelf recent galery
it's pretty obvious.

I don't know who you are talking about nor am I saying what they did is
right but could it be that the people in question:
a) are underage and don't completely understand what they have done
b) did not indent to 'steal' the MOC ideas but 'store' then on their
brickshelf account for further personal use.  [somepeople use/view
brickshelf as an Internet storgae location for their LEGO related items]

Also in order to prevent this from having it's always a good idea to put
your name/callname/alias/logo, date, and copyright on your images before
uploading to ANY internet site or even your own personnel website.  It's
very simple to add text to an image and it helps this situtation.  You
wouldn't display your work of art in public WITHOUT SIGNING IT!  The
internet SHOULD NOT be any different. Take pride in your work and sign it.
-AHui