 General / 36363
Re: Registered Mail went missing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes:
For example, did you know you can mail day-old chickens, ducks, geese, and
partridges but not canaries, cockatiels, emus (I am *not* making this up!),
finches, parakeets and parrots?

Yep, yep.  I occasionally see trays of baby chicks or ducks behind the counter
at the local PO (thats what I get for living in a rural area).

It is OK to send live scorpions (in certain
circumstances), as well as "small harmless cold-blooded animals".

One local guy regularly ships boxes of worms via Priority Mail. (he bought
several of the big scales I had a few years back). He is probably the largest
user of PM at this post office.

Ray