 General / 36361
Re: Registered Mail went missing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:49:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes:

I've been sending cash Internationally for years via registered mail and
never knew it was illegal.  Can anyone clarify thi?

If there is a prohibition it may be a money laundering issue

For example, did you know you can mail day-old chickens, ducks, geese, and
partridges but not canaries, cockatiels, emus (I am *not* making this up!),
finches, parakeets and parrots? It is OK to send live scorpions (in certain
circumstances), as well as "small harmless cold-blooded animals".

The bird thing may be an endangered species issue

Lester