 General / 36345
Re: Registered Mail went missing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:00:01 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Darrow writes:
Thanks to everyone who provided info on my folly.  I must admit that it
never occurred to me the letter could go missing while it was under lock
and key.  I was also under the misconception that it could be traced.
This has been a costly lesson.
I've been sending cash Internationally for years via registered mail and
never knew it was illegal.  Can anyone clarify thi?
Thanks for the help,
Brian

Hi Brian... I think that is correct.  I think it's illegal/not allowed in
any form to send cash (cash alone).

I actually had a registered letter arrive from the US with far more than
enough stamps on it - it took almost 3 weeks to arrive!!!

Maybe you still have a chance?  Was your mail obvious that it contained
money?  People send me coins - D'oh! how crazy is that?  I had one envelope
that the coins were literally falling out of, just an envelope and a bunch
of coins... and it was all there!  Amazing.

Best of luck!  Don't give up yet.

Mel