 General / 36305
Re: Registered Mail went missing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 03:19:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Darrow writes:
I'd like to open a discussion on sending US currency via registered mail
for International purchases.  I sent $170.00 to Germany from Indiana
last November (2001) and when it never arrived I began the process of
finding its whereabouts.   After filling out numerous forms at my
friendly post office the best they can come up with (4 months later,
plus letters to the NYC office) is they have no record of it being
received in Germany.  Isn't the whole purpose of registered mail to have
securely delivered and if not to have it traced?  And for those who
don't know, International Registered mail can only be insured for a
maximum of $40.45 so I'm apparently SOL.  Any help on with this subject
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian Darrow

Hey Brian.  I'd like to say I have a similar problem.  Its not with currency
though and it never came through.  Geordan Hankinson and I had a trade.  He
sent it and it never came to me!  Is it possible to get this traced?  I
really needed those pieces too!
~Evan