 General / 34121
34120  |  34122
Subject:
Have they done it again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:01:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'm just curious... not trying to sound ungrateful, but I'm just wondering
if they've done it again?

What I'm referring to is the seemingly repeat performance by LEGO Direct
this past Friday (Nov 16, 2001).

Here's the posting:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3643

I find it interesting that it was posted on a Friday... drew huge attention
and responses from LUGNET users, then apparently got no follow-up from Brad
Justus or anyone else from the company.

It's strikingly similar to this posting which was also made on a Friday:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3462

Now call me critical, call me whatever you like, but I find it a bit odd
that they drop these announcements just before a weekend, let everyone go
ga-ga over them, then just let them hang out there like corks bobbing in the
ocean.  They start a conversation, but never finish it.  Where I come from
that's a bit rude.

Take a look at this posting:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3308

Same scenario.

Oddly enough....

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=38

Is the same scenario.

Now I know that Brad can't possibly respond to each and every reply to his
postings... that would be quite unreasonable. But, if you look at all the
original postings from the company, you'll see that many many people took
time and effort to provide honest eager answers and feedback.  But the
company doesn't seem to have time to even say "thanks".

Is this supposed to be one-way communication?  If so, perhaps Brad needs to
finish each posting with a disclaimer indicating that they will read any
replies to the posting, but won't comment or participate in follow-up
discussions.  I think that's only fair.

Signed,
Looking for meaningful dialog with the LEGO Company
(a.k.a. Allan B.)