 General / 34126
Re: Have they done it again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 06:58:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:

"Is LEGO at all interested in any sort of two way
communication, or will these always just be announcements?"

Give Brad a break-- he *is* the Senior VP of LD after all.  That he even takes
the time to post here instead of having someone else do it is remarkable
enough...

In my response to the recent question about "What Makes a Legend?" I had a
specific question about some wheels to which Brad was referring.   This made
some difference to the answer that responded to his question.

I am interested in knowing if
they hear these comments.

Absolutely!  Why would you suppose that they have decided to reissue
Metroliners, Guarded Inns, Cypress trees, and the like??  Directly from feedback
from AFOLs, here and in person.

  I'm interested in knowing 'who' hears these
comments.  And I'm always interested in knowing how to get more and more
comments heard. Few companies in the world have the direct access to their
clients and the parents of their clients that the LEGO company has.  I only
want to try and help them to use this communications channel more
effectively.  I'm not trying to be a pain in the neck, honestly.  I know it
seems that way sometimes.  I just cannot figure out why the company doesn't
tap this incredible resource more deeply.

Real communication in a forum such as this is clumsy and time-consuming at best.
That is why LD has invited selected AFOLs to go to NYC to meet with them *in
person* to provide feedback in a more conventional and effective manner-- test
market groups if you will. Brad has also shown up at events such as Brickfest to
engage in dialog as well.

So when Brad tosses out a question, you can be assured that he reads the
cases here in this forum, the more feedback we offer, the more we express our
visions for TLC, the more LD will be able to produce products that we desire to
purchase.

As far as utilizing this forum more, IMO LD has done a great job of exploiting
this resource.  And the resulting financial success of LD *will* make the TLC
sit up and take notice (as they have begun to already).

So take heart.  I have a feeling we are in for some amazing things from LD in
the future:-)

-John