 General / 34129
Re: Have they done it again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:25:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes:
Yeah, I noticed that too.  It would be nice if they had a person dedicated
to being a community liason.  Engaging in dialogue in a somewhat official
capacity.  The person who could be responsible for replying to the comments
to the announcement - engaging conversation and letting the conversation get
somewhere and develop some solid ideas.  Then run with them.

Here's a way to work the 'liason' person into the budget.  Fire the person
and/or team who developed the Jack Stone line, and use that salary to hire
someone to handle direct communication with their customers.  And no, I'm
not entirely kidding here.

I understand and agree with (many of) your concerns, but I think you're
wanting Brad to do things he flat out can't.  Brad is "the man" with respect
to LEGO Direct, but he can't tell other divisions of LEGO what to do, or
spend their money, which is what you're asking for here.  Remember, it's
Brad and LEGO Direct that are interacting with us here, not Kjeld and LEGO.
There *is* a difference.

If Ford Motor Cars sells you a Pinto and the engine explodes, complaining to
Ford Heavy Trucks isn't going to solve anything.  It just takes time that
could be used to make trucks.

$0.02

James