 LEGO Company / Official LEGO Announcements / 38
37  |  39
Subject:
And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:09:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Okay, so it's still June. Let's just say that we're as eager to announce
this as you are to hear about it. So without further ado...

LEGO Direct is pleased to announce the arrival of a new product series: LEGO
Legends. LEGO Legends are reissues of landmark LEGO sets -- perhaps the
first set in a particular playtheme, or a set widely acknowledged as a
superlative building experience, or perhaps simply a much beloved set.

And the first LEGO Legend is (the envelope please)...

The Guarded Inn (set #6067).

(I like to imagine that at this point in the message there will be gasps and
the sound of people falling off their chairs. I really hope that you all are
delighted by this -- we've had a lot of fun getting this accomplished.)

The set is complete, with all parts exactly as included in the original
release in 1986. Packaging will different (more like the LEGO Sculpture
packaging); the set will be issued as set #10000.

The Guarded Inn will be sold exclusively through LEGO Shop At Home in all
LEGO Shop At Home markets. It will be available for preorder on LEGO.com
tomorrow (Friday, June 8) -- I am not certain exactly in which category or
categories it will be listed, but if you can't find it, do an Item Number
search for set 10000. Currently, we estimate that the set will be shipping
the first week of July (hence the "July Surprise"). The price will be $24.99
in the US, and will be equivalently priced in other markets.

To answer in advance a couple of questions which I suspect may arise: LEGO
Legends are different from the "classic" reissues which were announced a
couple of weeks ago. Those classics are not intended to be a long-running
series, whereas LEGO Legends is. The classics are limited to reissues of
very recent product, whereas LEGO Legends may reach back much farther (hey,
we've gone back 15 years for the first one, right?). LEGO Legends will not
be issued frequently -- likely only a few times each year. But you can be
certain that the sets which will appear in this series will be the very best
that LEGO has produced. And yes, I can assure you that The Guarded Inn is
only the first in the line.

The Guarded Inn is only one of what will be a very active LEGO Direct
exclusive product assortment -- you've already had a taste of what is to
come with our trains and the Sopwith Camel. There will be much more. So (I
hear you ask), "what *is* coming???"

Well, for that, you'll just have to wait...
for the *August* Surprise.

Play Well!

-- Brad

Brad Justus