 General / 29339
Re: Creator is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 04:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.general Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

I went by Zany Brainy (in Raleigh NC) tonight to use my $5 off a $20
purchase coupon. Wondering what I would buy, I found two Creator sets,
4175 Adventures With Max and Tina, $19.99, 220 pcs, 2 Creator figs; and
4176 The Race of the Year, $24.99, 325 pcs, 3 Creator figs.

I picked up 4177, "Building Stories with NaNa Bird", last week at the MOA
LIC.  I think it was mis-marked at only $20 (378 pieces, plus it includes
a videotape), or maybe it's a promo set with a lower price.  Anyway, it
also has a number of great general parts, e.g.:

4 blue 3x3 low corner slopes (!)
2 red 1x6x2 arches
2 yellow 1x4x1 arches
4 dark gray 1x4x1 arches
2 dark gray 2x3x1 rounded-end bricks
2 yellow picket fences
chrome: 3 1x1x4 antennaes, 1 2x2 round brick, 2 1x4x2 rollbars, 2 1x1x2
round exhaust pipes, 2 hydrolator crystals
... and a number of other dark gray elements, a nice selection of smaller
plates, several 2x8 bricks, etc.

I consider the figures ignorable but I could see kids liking them.  Basically
the only real stinkers in the set are the doors and windows - Freestyle has
been the only good source of those lately. :/

I can see buying quite a few of these when they go on sale...

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/