 General / 29498
Re: Creator is here!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 02:01:15 GMT

Hi Frank,
  Aren't there some new chrome pieces in these sets? I saw the boxes at ZB and
it looked like a few newly chromed parts. Was I seeing them wrong?
   thanks!
  John
In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

April 1. The Zany Brainy in Raleigh had a bunch at the counter (I may
actually go by tomorrow and see if they are handing out coupons and pick
up another copy of 4176).

Wondering what I would buy, I found two Creator sets,
4175 Adventures With Max and Tina, $19.99, 220 pcs, 2 Creator figs; and
4176 The Race of the Year, $24.99, 325 pcs, 3 Creator figs.

The sets
have a few juniorized pieces 4x10 bricks w/axle pegs, new style
helicopter skids, and few other bits, but that is no more than Freestyle
has had for many years. A decent collection of parts is provided,
including some formerly rare colors.

such as....

Grey, dark grey, and green (ok, so for the most part these are uncommon
colors, but grey and dark grey haven't been in Freestyle/Basic sets for
the most part).

If you want to see the truth of them, feel free to arrange to come by
tomorrow late afternoon...

Frank