 General / 27686
Re: Let's be realistc (WasRe:MoreVenomAnyone? (WasRe:Givethemabreak (was:Hey,like,isanyonethere?)))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:06:26 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
For instance: A year ago, I wish Brad had flat out said:

"We're building a tool to accept uploading of the thousands of
models you've all built in the .dat file format. You will buy
loads of bricks from our new LD sales site and all your hot
models will make us look super to the surfing public and our
bosses. We'll even reveal our new hybrid file format so you folks
will build modeling apps. (We know you'd prefer to run community
made software.)" Blah, blah, blah..

So is that what the "CAD summit" is all about?  I too wish they would
just come out and say it.  Everyone on the lugnet.cad groups seem to
have been censored by NDAs.  I was planning to add a large format tiled
rendering option to ldglite this weekend, but with all the mystery I
just couldn't find the motivation.  Who wants to sweat over something
that's about to be obsoleted?

Given the history of these NDAs, I suspect it'll be months before any
of the details are revealed.  I just hope I don't lose all motivation
by then.

Why exactly do the people going to the "Train summit" or "CAD summit"
need to sign NDAs and to get inside information?  You don't need
to sign an NDA to share your ideas with TLC.  So I conclude that
the desire among the participants to learn inside information is
greater than their desire to be able to speak freely.  Or maybe
they haven't thought of it in those terms yet.
(This is a general comment, not directed to any participant in
particular.)

/Eric McC/