 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1917
Re: NDAs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:11:39 GMT

Mostly agree, so mostly snipped.

In lugnet.lego.direct, Eric Joslin writes:
...and a lot of the realisation that LEGO is a company, and acts like
a company, is getting lost around Lugnet lately.  I think everyone's
expectations would be better filled if we all managed to remember what
LEGO the company is, and what role LEGO Direct plays in that company.

Can you elaborate on this?

I agree that knowing that LEGO is a company and does things for company-ish
reasons is important... I mean, I've been saying since *forever* that LEGO
is a company and that things need to have business cases and support and all
that sort of gloopy stuff. And for a long time it seemed the "we want it
because we want it" crowd was about the only voice around here. Seems to me
the tide is turning a bit and LUGNET as a whole (if there were such a thing)
is a bit more grounded in the realities of business.

Or am I wrong on that? Maybe I'm missing what you're getting at? Maybe I
agree? I dunno.

++Lar