 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1921
Re: NDAs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 22:24:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:

I think everyone's
expectations would be better filled if we all managed to remember what
LEGO the company is, and what role LEGO Direct plays in that company.

Can you elaborate on this?

Sure.

Lately people have become infected with the idea that LEGO Direct will or won't
like us based on posts in lugnet.lego.direct.  They've somehow gotten the idea
that LEGO Direct, as a part of The LEGO Company, will or won't form an
attachment to the community.

Then there's talk of LD doing things "for us", etc.  The CAD Meeting being a
"gift".

It's not a personal relationship.  It's a business relationship.  And that's an
important thing to keep in mind... there are all kinds of realities that go
along with a business relationship as opposed to a personal relationship, and
it's detrimental to confuse the two.

And, since apparently I have to say this over and over, none of the above is a
good thing or a bad thing.  It simply is.

eric