 General / 25200
Re: Elemental Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andy Lynch writes:
In lugnet.general, Wayne R. Hussey writes:
If anyone out there thinks they have an element I don't, let me know and we
can compare notes.

I have an old white 4x4 turntable that is made up of three pieces.  The top,
the bottom and a little rounded piece that sticks through the bottom piece
into the top and holds them together.  The rounded piece doesn't actually
work with any other Lego piece that I can remember.  It must be from
sometime in the 70's.

The one in my pre dark age collection is pretty beat up these days, but
there, that's my offering to the challenge. :-)

-Andy Lynch

Thanks, Andy.

This sounds like the standard turntables from the 60's and early 70's. Once
they introduced Technic (called Expert Builder at the time), they
re-designed it to enable a cross axle to pass through the center - nominally
for the ability to control the position of the turning part.

Wayne