 General / 25196
Re: Elemental Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:28:59 GMT

I have a huge technic collection.

I am thinking in the pieces that come in only one set (maybe more, but very
few ones)

The references came from the technica pages.

1) Threaded cross axle 4L  set 8094

The long axle (10L) came in some sets (I have at least two)

2) Rack 6574 5t with ball joints. Set 8858.

3) propeller 2740,  3 blades with 24 tooth gear. Set 8855.

4) Pneumatic cylinder. 64 mm (this is long than the normal of 48mm). Set
8680 Artic set.

Almost all the newer big technic sets have unique parts.

8458

8448

8880

etc..

The flex system have some parts that maybe are unique, and some in small sets.

If I think in more I will tell you.

Bye

Manuel Cueto

In lugnet.general, Wayne R. Hussey writes:
I may be opening myself up to more than I can handle, but here goes!

I have in my posession more than 3,000 different elements produced by the
LEGO company since they began molding plastic construction toys. I am
speaking of different shaped pieces (not counting different colors,
printings or element variations which have evolved through re-design). I do
have many variants for a lot of different pieces which could change my count
to closer to 3,500, if I spent the time identifying them. If I went into
variants, colors and printings, I'd easily cross 5,000, maybe 6,000.

Here's the challenge:

If anyone out there thinks they have an element I don't, let me know and we
can compare notes.

You can include LEGO, Duplo, Primo, Technic, Scala, Fabuland, Belville,
Modulex, Original Binding Blocks, Samsonite Distributed, etc. Anything!

I have no 'prize' for stumping me, but be aware, if you do have something I
don't, I may want to trade or buy it from you ;-).

Wayne