 General / 25197
Re: Elemental Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:33:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok writes:

Mark Koesel wrote:

"Wayne R Hussey" <eskimo2@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:G5AC8E.8zy@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Jon Kozan writes:

Do you have all the pre-technic gears etc...?

All that I know of. Two different styles of paddle in 3 sizes for the ones • that
also come with metal axles and plastic inserts, and 4 sizes of paddle that • have
a large hole in the center. Do you have any?

Do you have the chain links for these gears, and the rare universal joints
also?
What about the tires that fit over the 9 tooth gears, and do you have the
metal pegs in both sizes?

Do you have all the pre-ABS pieces, like the rare 2x14 bricks Gary I.
has mentioned here before, that were discontinued long before Lego even
made it to the states?  Do you have the old 90 degree angled roof peeks
from this era?  Shell gas pumps, all 4 Samsonite gears, the Samsonite
transparent motor, the old motor with steering, the train whistle, etc.

Mark you got me thinking.......

Wayne here are a few of the rarer items:

1) 1x1 round brick (Type I without the tapered base) in red with the Esso oil
can stickers, used in very early Danish Esso packs.

I've seen pictures....  Do you have any for sale or trade?

2) the 1950's to early 1960's Traffic Police set (#271) with policemen in 4
different poses, one traffic light on a pole, and one traffic island.

I lost the auction I was bidding on this one :-(.

3) the 5 different LEGO Cyclists (#270) (motorcycle, bicycle, motorscooter,
motorcycle with sidecar, and motorbike).

I have 4. I need the sidecar.

4) the rare 1/2 circle type macaroni bricks (came with and without the missing
plastic notches on the side), as well as the 1/4 circle macaroni bricks without
the missing side notch of plastic).

I am aware of the 1/2 rounds, and don't have any :-(. I might have an old
macaroni without notch, but I'll have to look.

5) the 2x12 and 2x14 bricks from pre-1958 (no tubes on the bottom).

I don't. Of course, I'd like to ;-).

6) Cellulose Acetate plates with the right and left curve 4x8 white plates, but
with the tube bottom, not the common "waffle" bottom.  Also CA 4x8 waffle bottom
plates in black, red, gray.

I'll have to look for the curved ones without waffles. I do have a couple of
4x8 grey waffle backs. No red or black.

7) 1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3 or 2x4 Cellulose Acetate small plates in green or yellow?

I have them (mostly one each) in green only. The studs are slightly concave
giving them almost sharp edges.

8) Classic era windows/doors from 1957 (no hollow studs on top, all have full
studs) in red and white?  That would make a total of 20 (10 each color).

I'm not sure, but I think so. I'll have to look. Remember, I'm focusing on
piece type only, not color. Also I am aware of many variations of a piece as
it was moved from acetate through ABS and over the years. However, that
said, I am interested in obtaining variations as part of the "whole
collection". I'd appreciate any help you'd care to offer....

9) 1x3x2 white window WITHOUT the window sill, 1x2x2 yellow window WITH the
window sill.  1x2x1 yellow window with and without the sill.  1x1x2 or 1x2x2
black window.  1x2x2 gray window.  1x3x2 blue window (from an old train
locomotive).

I'm assuming here you mean protruding/non-protruding window sills. If so, I
do have some of the variations you've listed for each type, but I know I
don't have all the colors. This is another one I'll have to look up.

10) '50s and '60s old fliptop garage kits.  Doors (3 types) : red, white,
clear/yellow.  Door frames (3 colors):  red, white, gray.  Garage baseplates (3
colors): red (1956-57 only), white, gray.

I have the counterweight doors (counterweights attached at factory type and
one with separate c.w.s but the c.w.s are missing) and a pair of spring
doors, two baseplates - one for the spring doors and several for the tip
type (white and grey). I don't have the clear tip-type door. I have frames
in red and white - I'm not sure about grey. I don't have the red base piece.
But, again I am not specifically seeking color variants.

Wow, thanks Gary. You've given me some more to look at and for. I'll let you
know what I find.

Wayne

I have all of the above except for the gray 1x2x2 window, the blue 1x3x2 window,
the red old garage baseplate, and the 2x12 and 2x14 bricks.

Gary Istok