 General / 25114
Re: How do you view your LEGO collection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 20:07:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
Do you view your LEGO collection as an investment in your...

A.  Mental Well-being.  (Its just something you have fun with).
B.  A financial investment that should increase in value over time.
C.  A tool for financial gain (you sell your creations and/or parts)
D.  Other
E.  Some combination of the above.

[A] all the way, baby.  I sell things only for the same reason you do - to
make the stuff I keep cheaper.

In my mind Bulk Ordering is nothing but good news no matter how extensive or
limited it may end up being.  Sure it might be expensive in some cases but if
I can get 20 of part A for $.20 a part instead of buying 20 sets at $20 a set
and having to sort each set then I am happy because all I wanted in the first
place were the 20 parts.  I don't care if my 75 blue 1x2x2 classic windows
suddenly decrease in value because you can get them in bulk, I wasn't going
to sell them anyway.

Mostly the same here.  I will confess that I get a certain amount of happy
from having rare parts.  I'm not certain exactly where it comes from,
possibly a mild selfish streak, but it's there just the same.

Anyone have any thoughts or am I just crazy and most everyone just uses their
LEGO for the same reasons I do?

If you're asking for opinions, I'd say yes to all three. <GD&R>

James